cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Bar charts for NPrinting

Hello, could you please help me two create neat ppt from NPrinting?

I'm trying to insert my bar charts in the ppt slides, but I'm running into two problems.

1) I'm pretty new to NPrinting. Is it possible to insert 3-4 graphs on the slide and have it neat? When I'm trying to insert 4 small graphs, my graphs don't look accurate(aligning is off, subtitles go only to the center of graph,  etc.)

2 ) Because of the first problem I'm trying to put only one graph on the page.(I have long subtitles and they were always cut in the middle of the graph). But I realized that my graphs start from a different point((0,0) is moved on the second graph). it's  Qlik sense problem more than NPrinting but I need it for NPrinting to make ppt look professional.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ethel_0-1659435484576.png

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi there...

Try this:

• Create a 'reporting' sheet in your Qlik Sense App (do not extend the default grid dimensions
  • Add the chart objects you wish to see in your Qlik Sense slide to your reporting sheet
  • Leave 'edit sheet' mode to save the sheet
  • Reload your NPrinting Connection to add this sheet to the NP connection cache
  • Add the entire sheet object to the PPTX report template editor.
  • Follow the image dimension management section of this help page to help you to achieve your desired result. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimension-M...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you!

For some reason when I'm clicking add page, I see objects, but I don't see my pages.

Should I change any settings?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Frank_S
Support
Support

"Add page" is not the feature you need. 

To add a sheet object as an image from Qlik Sense (after following the previously mentioned steps) you need to:

• Right click on images in the NP template editor and 
  • find the chart name or chart internal ID. 
  • Drag it to the PPTX slide

If you can't recognize the chart (Internal) ID, go back to Qlik Sense app and give your charts friendly names. 

• Just click 'add title' inside each chart object.
  • Reload the NPrinting connection again to view the changes you made to the Qlik Sense app.
  • Right click on images in the NP template editor and
  • find the chart name or chart internal ID.
  • Drag it to the PPTX slide

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you! I'm sorry, I didn't understand you.

Yes, that's exactly the way I'm adding my bar charts. But as you can see on my picture second bar chart shifted a little bit on the left while they have very similar data. In qlik sense they are side by side and I didn't see this problem. In NPrinting I cannot fit them nicely on one slide and I'm trying to put them on two slides. Because images are big, the shift is very obvious and don't look professional.

That's why I was thinking maybe I could fit the whole page and it will look better than two separate charts....

That's my problem...

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Ethel can you show us a photo of what these look like in QlikSense?

Have you tried any other templates besides Powerpoint, such as Excel?

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much for looking into into! I have to do it in power point. 

Ethel_0-1659465186269.png

Thank you.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Ethel and when you add that as an image in Designer, does it still look the same (sorry I'm probably missing something here)

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, there is still a small shift(charts don't start exactly from the same point). It's probably a qlik sense problem, not NPrinting, but it's still a qlik problem....

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Ethel yes sounds like it is in QlikSense where we need to make it look right, so perhaps post in the QlikSense forum, we have multiple experts in QlikSense that answer questions there.