Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Velvet_Crowe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Chart in PixelPerfect Sub-Band doesn't show data

Hello Community,

in the PixelPerfect report, I tried to use the Sub-Band in the Detail Band to split the content into a separate Sub-Band for each page.

Problem: My charts doesn't show the data in the Sub-Band. Moving them to the Detail-Band everything works perfectly.

Detail_vs_Sub-Band.png

Environment:  Qlik Sense (May Patch 2, 2021), Qlik NPrinting (May 2021)

Current workaround: Put everything in the Detail Band and split with page break (bad overview).

I couldn't find something usefull with the keyword 'Sub-Band'. Is there a page with more details? Could someone tell me why the data is shown in the Detail-Band but not in the Sub-Band? Am I using the Sub-Band incorrectly?

Kind regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are creating the template in the wrong way. In PixelPerfect templates the Tables node is used only as data source for native charts, not to create tables.

To create native tables you have to use nested levels. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Intro-PixelPerfe... or to the detailed tutorial https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/PixelPerfect-Tutorial-pdf/ta-p/1495435. At the second link you will find also many screenshots like the correct one shared by @Frank_S .

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Velvet_Crowe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok, I found the thread (Using Variables in Detail). But what is then the use-case for the Sub-Band if nothing is evaluated inside?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Velvet_Crowe

When you embedded the sub band in the object list, did you also embed the sub band into the template as well?

See example below:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Velvet_Crowe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Frank_S ,

(1) I added the Sub-Band directly with the context menu in Detail. (2)The data in the chart comes from a table in the Tables section.

Sub-Band_in_Detail.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are creating the template in the wrong way. In PixelPerfect templates the Tables node is used only as data source for native charts, not to create tables.

To create native tables you have to use nested levels. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Intro-PixelPerfe... or to the detailed tutorial https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/PixelPerfect-Tutorial-pdf/ta-p/1495435. At the second link you will find also many screenshots like the correct one shared by @Frank_S .

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.