cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Error when opening a report

While opening a report I am nothing on the left is available. 

The report loads with a error stating object missing. 

Eventhough if some object is missing the entire report cannot fail. Correct me if I am wrong. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Error while openingError while openingEmpty left windowEmpty left window

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli . 

The reason I didnt post the whole page is due to restriction and data security.  Will try to crop less next time. 

I have recreated the report that was the only solution worked in the current situation. 🙂 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

All objects used in the template must be present in the left treeview. I think you are using a object in the template and it is not present in the treeview.

Click on the Check Entities button visible in the ribbon bar you screeshooted will help you in finding what is missing.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

When clicking on check Entities it says "All report entities are present in the metadata"

But nothing is displayed after that. 

Check entities clickedCheck entities clickedAfter clicking okAfter clicking ok

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you post a screenshot please post the whole screen because other details that you cropped could help us to understand what is happening.

For example, in this case I cannot see what entities you have in the left treeview and how they are used in the template. 

I suggest also to close the Qlik NPrinting Designer, refresh the connection cache then open the designer ad do a check entities again. The error message suggests that the template is using at least one entity that is missing in the connection.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli . 

The reason I didnt post the whole page is due to restriction and data security.  Will try to crop less next time. 

I have recreated the report that was the only solution worked in the current situation. 🙂 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Templates have not data, only the structure of the report. In similar case you can help a support ticket so you can supply the needed information in a confidential way.

Happy to know that you solved.

Best Regards,

ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero