Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeehyeOh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik NPrinting Error(: Object Reference not set to an instance to an object)occurring on only one PC

The following error occurs when running the designer on only one PC

MeehyeOh_0-1700524305135.png

1. This error occurred one day.
2. If I try to edit an existing report after deleting and reinstalling MS Office and NP Designer, the same error will be repeated.

3. App-connection-reports that I create after deleting and reinstalling MS Office and NP Designer do not occur error.

4. However, if run Designer for the same report that occur error on another employee's PC, Designer run without any errors as above.

5. When I run Designer on an existing report where the problem occurs and check at the Temp folder, the only Temp files that are generated are NSQ and PPT files.

MeehyeOh_1-1700525386107.png

Why is this error occurring?
What should I do on that client PC?

Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
4 Replies
hanna_choi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello.

The situation is you have 2 Qlik Designer desktop.
Does the only one Qlik Designer desktop occur that error?

Best Regard.

hanna.choi

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @MeehyeOh 

Version May 2023 IR had some Designer issues They were different issues but I would still suggest to get out of that version. see here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Error-TemplateEntities-list-does-not-contain...

I suggest upgrade whole environment and all designers to the latest version (make sure you always run version of designer on all computers on the same version as Qlik NPrinting Server and Engine is otherwise you can be experiencing unpredictable behaviour).

Lastly double check that persons permissions on their PC or possible config problems with very well known requirements for designer:

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
MeehyeOh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

The problem is that running the designer in an existing report occur an error.

Designers works well in the newly created NPrinting App-Connection - Report.

And this error is occur Only on one specific PC!

Please reply, Thanks!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @MeehyeOh 

In my previous post I have mentioned a lot of  things which have to be done right. 

We are not there with you, we dont see that one, specific PC which does not work properly so we cannot establish what is wrong with it. Clearly if this is a case of that particular pc maybe it has:

• different OS,
  • different windows patches installed,
  • different history of patches/nprinting designer upgrades, 
  • different antivirus setting
  • different way of connecting to network
  • different office version installed/patched
  • different user permissions on it.

If it is PC specific thing it is likely that problem is in this PC and not in Nprinting, right?

From NPrinting side I have provided you with the very detailed list of specific things which have to be done for designer to work. I will not have anything else to add to this. sorry. 

good luck

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.