Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GIT Source Control

Hi,

We have three environments - development, test and production. In practice, we do all of the development and testing in the development environment. Final dashboard set up is performed in Test for UAT Testing. In production environment,we have multiple dashboards for different businesses. Each dashboard has three folders namely Extract Transform and Load, which again has multiple qvws in each folder.

Now, we have been told to do the version controlling using GIT. I haven't done the version controlling in QlikView before.

Can anyone please help with the following things:

1. How many repositories should be created? We have no limit on the number of repositories that we can create but we want to create correct number of repositories to match the different "products" that we release.

2. What folder structure to be followed for the above architecture in GIT? Is there any structure which is already proven and maintained without any issue.

3. Is there any best practice to be followed while doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sakir

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for you reply.

I have read almost all the links in this community including the two that you had shared. Still I could not figure out answers to my questions.

Regards,

Sakir

Not applicable
Author