Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrompetter
Contributor III
Contributor III

Governance Dashboard Script Error

Hello,

I installed the Governance Dashboard on our Qlikview 11 Server.

But I always get a Script Error in the hidden part:

Table not found

DateIsland:

LOAD

1 as MaxID,

Max(LoadDate) as MaxLoadDt

Resident FileList

Did somebody has the same issue?

Best wishes

Bastian

38 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hello RBCsupport,

Are you using the 1.0GA version of the Governance Dashboard? This 1.0 version was recently released on QlikMarket: link here: http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-governance-dashboard.html

If you are using 1.0GA, the next step would be to send the FullScan.message.log file (found in the profiles\default\QVX_LastRun folder) to QlikTech Governance Dashboard support: qvgdfeedback@qliktech.com

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

RBCSupport,

It appears that if the Profile directory path contains multi-byte characters, the Dashboard will not scan the files because it is not correctly handling the folder path. I have entered this as a bug.

As a workaround until this issue is fixed, try installing the Dashboard to a folder that does not have any multi-byte characters. That way your Install Path and Profile Path will not contain multi-byte characters.

Tyler

abeletsky
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Tyler.

Using Governance Dashboard 1.0GA.

When username contains non-latin characters what I have in FullScan.messages.log is this:

dataflow controller - ETASK-0017-N: Using Desktop license for QlikView Expressor Processor; resource utilization limited. (etask.controller)

QlikView Expressor dataflow execution utility (etask) 3.9.3.24724 n (Build 24724) Apr  1 2013

dataflow controller - ETASK-0074-F: etask is terminating due to 'DatastoreException': (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - EDATASTORE-0003-A: Unable to open Qlikview Expressor datastore file 'C:/Users/пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ/AppData/Local/expressor/exp_params_1464' from within directory 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\scanners\GovScanner\external'. The open returned status code 14, with reason 'unable to open database file'. (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - ETASK-0038-F: Processing has completed abnormally. (etask.controller)

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

ABeletsky,

Yes, I have found the same results. Thank you for sharing the error from the log file!

And, that's a great user id!

More to come...

Tyler

Not applicable

I am getting the same script error.

Here is my log file. 

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.messages.log

dataflow controller - ETASK-0017-N: Using Desktop license for QlikView Expressor Processor; resource utilization limited. (etask.controller)

QlikView Expressor dataflow execution utility (etask) 3.9.3.24724 n (Build 24724) Apr  1 2013

dataflow controller - ETASK-0074-F: etask is terminating due to 'DatastoreException': (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - EDATASTORE-0003-A: Unable to open Qlikview Expressor datastore file 'C:/ProgramData/expressor/_opvars' from within directory 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\scanners\GovScanner\external'. The open returned status code 14, with reason 'unable to open database file'. (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - ETASK-0038-F: Processing has completed abnormally. (etask.controller)

we are running

11.20 SR2

server is VM

thanks

Bruce

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hello Bruce,

Tell me more about the VM:

- OS

- size (RAM, CPU)

- Is Governance Dashboard installed directly on that VM?

Also

- How is the dashboard being reloaded? (e.g. via QV.exe or from Publisher)

- What account is being used to reload it? (e.g. local admin account, service account)

Feel free to email this info to qvgdfeedback@qliktech.com instead of posting to this public forum.

Tyler

sajad_manzoor

Hi Tyler,

I was having same "Hidden Script Error", My aggregator profile directory name was 5_Aggregrator(server1_Server2). After changing Profile Directory name simply to Aggregator, the issue was resolved. 5_Aggregrator(server1_Server2) does not contain any multi-byte characters, seems governance have issues with charecters such as (,{,[,+... as well.

Tyler , your understanding of qlikview issues and providing resolutions is really awesome, I have resolved many issues of governance dashboard by going through your posts and replies to questions. Really appreciate it.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Thank you Sajad for your feedback.

And for the note about the folder names. I have not encountered that before and am not sure if it is the ( or ) in the name or that it starts with a number 5.  I am glad you worked around it, and thanks for sharing.

Tyler

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

sajad.manzoor

Hopefully you've already had a chance to try the new Governance DAshboard 2.0 which is in Beta here:

Much easier to configure for multi-cluster - and no installation! (And many other improvements)