Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Monitoring Licences Users and Applications

Hello,

Many times I get the questions from application owners how many licenses do I have on each application and how many of my doc cal users have several doc cal licenses. Does anyone have a good little application to extract this information? The monitoring tool only give information about sessions but I also need information about the users that have not yet started using their licences.

Example:

Licence type     User     Application     (regardles of if the user has yet used its licence)

Doc CAL

Named User

Also the information about Nr of different type of licenses, how many are available (not allocated) and how many are allocated but not yet assigned as well as listting the unassigned users and their applications.

It would be great to get something that could be put into the Monitoring application, or does it exist in any version that I have missed?

Or do you know what files I need to parse to get the information?

Thank you for any suggestions

1 Reply
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

you can use the powertools to export license assigment information. You can then use that and the sessions log to get a full picture.

You can also read the LEF.txt file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech for the full number of licenses in your environment.