Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

setting.ini problem

File Path: C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

I know that if I delete the setting.ini file, it will be recreated, but it is not created.

Why?
Is there any solution?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

You should check under C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView for instance.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@jtj02080208

In general, never delete settings files without taking a copy of the file.

Are you testing this with QlikView Desktop or IE-Plugin? If you use plug-in, try starting Desktop and see if it gets created.

Also note that the settings file will be on the machine where the user is launching it. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop/plug-in should solve the problem.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

So, what happens if you.

1. Quit QlikView 
  2. rename the file
  3. relaunch QlikView? 

You should get a prompt asking you to pick the language:

Daniele_Purrone_0-1645170832032.png

If not, do you still have the old settings within the application?
It might be that your Windows Administrators are disabling roaming profiles, in that case you might find the actual settings.ini under  the "Local" subfolder of AppData instead than the "Roaming" one.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I do not understand the use of a plugin, please explain in detail.

When I opened QVW from the access point with Internet Explorer, the module security change (control+shift+m ​​or control+m) did not work, so I deleted setting.ini, but it was not recreated.

jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The file name cannot be changed because the user has opened QVW in an access point and there is no actual QVW file. Or if there is a way to change it let me know

and C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local You mean the setting.ini file is created in this location?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@jtj02080208 by "rename the file", I meant the settings.ini file. The one you had deleted, after putting it back (I'm assuming you kept a copy).

jtj02080208
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

in that case you might find the actual settings.ini under  the "Local" subfolder of AppData instead than the "Roaming" one.

C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Local You mean the setting.ini file is created in this location?

Or is it created in C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

You should check under C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView for instance.