Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check no of rows and size of data load to dashboard

Dear community,

May I know how to check the number of rows and size of data load to dashboard by looking at log file in server?

Normally we can get this information when loading the dashboard at desktop, but my current case is that dashboard is scheduled to auto reload in server, so i am unable to trace to number of rows and size of data that dashboard has fetched from database server.

Thanks,

Chanel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This should be in your log file in the same folder as your qlikview file. Make sure Generate logfile option is selected in your document properties.

logfile.PNG.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This should be in your log file in the same folder as your qlikview file. Make sure Generate logfile option is selected in your document properties.

logfile.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

"i am unable to trace to number of rows and size of data that dashboard has fetched from database server." Do you mean, you don't have access on dashboard on the server?

There are functions in qlikview which can give you the actual size of table and no of rows in the table. For example, you may check below function,

FileSize()

RowNo()

We also have system fields "$Rows" where you can see the no of rows available in each table.

Not applicable
Author

For adhoc investigations have this expression in a list box

=$Table  & ' : ' & $Rows

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all your reply!

I have the log file with Ramkumar's suggestion and found that currently there is 3mil rows in my document!

Best regards,

Chanel