Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Context Help

I have seen posts about context help posted around 3 years ago with possible work rounds. I would like to add a context driven help file based on tabs and / or sheet objects. I cannot see any references to this area. Is it possible in 8.5 or 9 please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I posted some ideas for context help in the QV Cookbook example "Creative use of object help and popups". I haven't investigated if there are any new opportunities in V9.

You can download the QV Cookbook from: http://robwunderlich.com/Download.html

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I posted some ideas for context help in the QV Cookbook example "Creative use of object help and popups". I haven't investigated if there are any new opportunities in V9.

You can download the QV Cookbook from: http://robwunderlich.com/Download.html

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, your Cookbook is going to be an invaluable asset. You have given me ideas on how to present the data. Ideally I would like to use a Windows .chm help file, hoping I can present a parameter to the image / button. Whichever way, your input has answered my questions.

Thanks again.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I have succesfully created help buttons for context help using microsoft help command hh.exe with the associated parameters -mapid nnn plus HelpFile.chm. I would really like to use the standard help text to fire off this command. Is there a way I can incorporate the command, e.g.:

hh.exe -mapid 100 HelpFile.chm

I like the button method and have used it in many places however where objects are auto-minimised I cannot attach a button to the object.

Any assistance appreciated

Thanks

Peter