Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to Open File in Write Mode

Hello Master,

I reload the script to load the file from MySql and store it into QVD using QlikView Desktop. Before reloading, I check my disk :

err3.png

After pulling the data several times into QVD, I got this error message :

err1.png

And I check the disk space :

err2.png

Drive C was full, even I save the QVD in drive E. Can someone explain, why drive C become full after reloading the data? How to solved beside cleanup C drive and restart?

Thanks Master

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It usually means that the folder you are trying to Store to does not exist.  The Store statement will not create folders, they must preexist.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Actually, the folder has been created. I tried to reload several times and succeed, because the folder has been created. But, after that reloading the data was failed because of that error. Is there the cache that I have to clear in drive C?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you post the few lines of the script log where the error occurs, including the Store statement?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Here is the code :err4.png

Any suggestion, Rob?
I think the drive C was full because of the installation path QlikView Desktop in drive C, am I right?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I was hoping to see the script log, not the script itself.

1. Make sure Document Log is enabled in the Document Properties, General tab.

2. Reload and the log will be in the same directory as the qvw. It will be named the same as the qvw with a .log extension.

-Rob

hredfield
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure that the USER (or Group the user belongs to) has the rights to write data to the folder where the data is being stored.

I just ran into that scenario today