cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mousumimondal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Faster data write back from Qlikview to SQL server

It's taking more than 3 hrs to write back 60000 records from Qlikview (qvd) to SQL server DB using Oledb connection.

Please suggest if any faster process available.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have you confirmed things are fast if you use say Excel to do the pull using the same data connection?  That is what I would suggest you do in order to determine if it is potentially something on our side, or if it is in the DB/Connector side of things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
mousumimondal
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Pulling data from excel to Qlikview document is not the actual solution. I was asking if there is any better way to save the data into SQL server using Qlikview. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

We are not really meant for writing things back to SQL instances, that is not a good use case for the product by any means...  You can do it, but it would have to be via Stored Procedure call or actually running SQL script in our script editor, but you have to be sure the DB Connector can handle everything you are looking to pass to it in that case which may or may not be the case...  Best I can offer.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.