Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Graph design

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to do a graph like the one in the picture:

exgraph.jpg

I got my main field thats the 320's-330 (trip) u see in the image. On the DB each register has a trip, the different prices, and the ammount of income.

The graph groups all trips, then the different prices of the trip, and adds the ammount.

I cant figure out how to create a graph like that on QV.

Any ideas?

thanks,

KR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think it is quite demanding to achieve a good visualization with the bar chart. I have enclosed a version but also made an alternative approach that might work better in my opinion - hope this works for you.

2015-11-13 #1.PNG

View solution in original post

11 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Something like this?

2015-11-11 #1 .PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your setting.

Have you tried a grouped style bar chart with two dimensions, trip and price, and a sum(AmountIncome) as expression?

Not applicable
Author

im not sure how to use this

Not applicable
Author

This works when selecting a voyage, but it not like the one on the picture that im trying to create, for several trips.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well you asked if it was possible - and I just wanted to get you to confirm that this would be sufficient layout and presentation wise... If it is I can explain the steps to get it to work. It would be much quicker for me if you have some test-data in Excel or a table-format...

Not applicable
Author

I would love the help, im just trying to attach the excel file here but im not sure how, cant find the attach file option

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have to get the discussion up fully by clicking on the title-link Graph design and then click REPLY and lastly click "Use advanced editor" to get a link at the bottom of the text input box that says "Attach"....

Yes this is quite cumbersome to find the first time I struggled quite a while before I found how to attach files.

Not applicable
Author

o thanks, here it is.

I would like to know how to make this excel show with main field voyage, then freight, and adding net freight.

thanks in advance

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think it is quite demanding to achieve a good visualization with the bar chart. I have enclosed a version but also made an alternative approach that might work better in my opinion - hope this works for you.

2015-11-13 #1.PNG