Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Having Expressions as labels in a Scatter plot, in stead of the dimension

Hi,

I'm using the Google Maps Api which I downloaded here (great tool by the way!!) to show the location of various postal codes in the Netherlands. I've activated the "Labels for datapoints" setting in the Presentation-tab of the Scatter plot properties. This gives me all the postal codes as labels in the graph (since I use Postal Code as dimension)

But what I really want is to have the value that determines the size of the bubble as a label. Now it sets shows this value as a pop-up label, but is it possible to change this to a permanent label?

Thanks in advance!

Gjalt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hmmm, I should have done a bit more research I see. I've found the solution, I'll post it here if anybody else tries to find out how to do this.

Add an extra dimension, but put it above the original dimension. Use for example:

=aggr(sum([SizeExpression),OriginalDimensionl)

Greets

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As a (maybe unnecesairy follow-up):

I've tried using the quantity that sets the size of the bubbles as a dimension, but it won't give me a good result:

- If I delete the old dimension, it starts grouping the bubbles by size, which are not unique values

- If I add the dimension, I get lines between corresponding bubbles, not something I want....

Not applicable
Author

Hmmm, I should have done a bit more research I see. I've found the solution, I'll post it here if anybody else tries to find out how to do this.

Add an extra dimension, but put it above the original dimension. Use for example:

=aggr(sum([SizeExpression),OriginalDimensionl)

Greets

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gjalt,

great that you found a solution. I tried to follow your explanation but I cannot get it to work.

Do you by any chance have a QV example which you could attach- so that I can have a look at it?

Thanks a lot!

Adi

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, works excellent!