Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leale1997
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Create and Initiate Custom RGB Color Table

Good Day!

I would like to learn how to use an excel file that has RGB definitions in my application. 

I want to Load an excel table with two fields: a control field [Site Name] and a color designation field [R,G,B]. 

Then I would like to join the Color field to my Data table using the [Site Name]. 

I would like to learn how to apply the color table to every object I create on the dashboard so that as users click thru the different data slicers the color of the [Site Name] remains consistent.

I have attached a sample for reference. 

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
leale1997
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just realized I forgot to save the excel data before I attached it.  Please use this excel file.

Saravanan_Desingh

RGB:
Mapping
LOAD [Site Name], 
     Evaluate('RGB('&[R, G, B]&')')
FROM
[C:\Users\sarav\Downloads\RGB Color Codes for Test.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [RGB Definition]);

tab1:
LOAD Brand, 
     Code, 
     [Send Local Name], 
     [Receiving Local Name], 
     [Lead Time], 
     Target,
     ApplyMap('RGB',[Send Local Name]) As RGB
FROM
[C:\Users\sarav\Downloads\RGB Color Codes for Test.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Test Data]);

Saravanan_Desingh

Add RGB to Background color.

commQV59.PNG

leale1997
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response.  Can you tell me more about how to assign the RGB code from the table to elements in a Qlik chart?  For example, if i had a graph chart and I wanted the chart to read one field and relate it to the corresponding RGB code so it can use that color code for a bar on the graph.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post, may be of some help:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Using-RGB-and-ARGB-to-define-colors/ba-p/1464387

If you want to search further for other color related posts, use the following link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.