Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect Total in Pivot Table

Hello!  Pls. need your help now as I've spent for hours solving this issue.

My total in pivort table and text box is incorrect...some were duplicated (I'm expecting a total value of 26K)...I also tried using the aggr function but the value does not  change.  Is there something wrong with my script?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

The problem is your preceding load

I moved it to the first load and now everything is ok.

PFA

Regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hard to say what is right or what is wrong without knowing what you want to model.

There are some records which seems to be only different in PostDate and SONumber.

If your facts show for example some movement of Material from one place to another, joing the Material price to each record will sum up to a too high material value (since the same material is counted multiple times).

But without knowing what you want to model and analyze etc. it's kind of guessing around.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi!  Swuehl,

I'm trying to get the total value per row....Since I don't have the std price  for my table, I joined another table  where  std price is available,,,,Basically , My value should be Quantity * Std price...

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly...I'm still new with Qlikview.

Tks.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Try to not join your tables, how your data model looks like?

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Cacosta,

Reload and check the attached file if it works...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rajat,

Sorry!  It didn't work.

Rgds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!   Clever,

If I don't join them, How can I get the value?...The price is on a separate table...

Tks.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi cacosta35,

Please share you source qvd files.

It looks like you don't have to join some tables, but I can't tell which without source tables.

Regards,
Sergey
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

The reason for total not correct is your data gets duplicated when you are joining them.

Make sure that the table which you are joining (Table after Left Join Statement) has the unique record for the field which you are using for joining.

If this is not the case then it will duplicate the records.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi! Sergey,

Pls. see attached qvds