Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart Behaviour

Hello All,

I have a requirement to produce a bell curve graph,

When setting the line style to 'Smooth' the line appears to be going back on itself.

I have had to set the axis to continuous in order to be able to insert vertical reference lines.

Any help in this issue would be appreciated,

Please see the attached,

Thanks

BlockRocker

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is this what you're looking for?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

When you have "Continues" ticked you will then have the option to tick "Forced 0" then just untick Continues and you should get the required result

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Don't set it to Smooth, set it to normal, the reason is, a value of 1 should be alligned with the other value of 1, is there a specific reason why you want it to look like a Bell Curve?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Or add a new Expression  as =1, this will give you a line at the value 1

Not applicable
Author

Fantastic Alan, i tried this yesterday and the smoothing was irritating me . To OP do what Alan suggested, this will allow you to still have bell curve and not as you descriped 'chart going back in itself'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca,

How was your line chart so smooth ?

I tried creating a line chart, however, I get a pointed hills.

2-19-2014 line chart.jpg

Please help. Thanks.

Nicole-Smith

Not applicable
Author

Nishit - You can format the line to be shown as Smooth in Chart Properties:

Capture.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Not quite familiar with the chart of qlikview currently, but I think you may read something about the line chart in UI chart component, and that might be unimaginably quite helpful to your question.