cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

Multiple searching

I have created a report showing a full set of customer data, over 2 million records.

This report is now available to all our users, but they only have read only access (ie no access to our Qlikview Server). On an almost daily basis they have small subsets of data, usually only a few thousand records. From these subsets they need the report to display the data relevant to them.

At present they are emailing the subsets to me, and I am loading them onto the Qlikview server, and running a restricted load. Needless to say this is something I want to improve. I have tried using a list box search facility, but can only seem to load one record at a time.

Is there any way the users could paste their own series of account numbers in a search field, to restrict the data displayed?

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Andrew

Have you tried Bookmarking the sets of account numbers and saving them in the QV doc your users see? That way, they can choose the bookmark and go directly to a reduced data set

Regards

Jeanne

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

That would work if the data sets were the same, but unfortunately every set is different.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You can search for multiple values with a search syntax like this:

=match(field,value1,value2,value3)

I'm not sure how you get the data from the users, but let's say you get it as a list of values like this:

value1
value2
value3

You could probably have them paste this list into a variable, use text manipulation commands to turn it into the match() syntax for a search, and then trigger an action to select based on that search. I thought I posted an example of this somewhere, but I'm not seeing it on my machine.

Edit: Yeah, I couldn't find the example, so here's a new one. Only problem is that if you paste the list directly into the variable, it converts the line feeds to spaces. To prevent that, you have to click on the '...' to pull up a bigger enterable area that allows line feeds. You'd use a similar approach with a comma separated list.

In case it's hard to track down how its doing what its doing, in the document properties, under triggers, there's an action OnInput of the variable List. The search string does the text manipulation and looks like this:

='=match(Field,' & chr(39) & replace(List,'
',chr(39)&','&chr(39)) & chr(39)&')'

Edit: I assume the account numbers don't have spaces in them. That would let you fix the cut and paste problem by replacing both spaces and line feeds with chr(39)&','&chr(39). And actually, with numbers, I doubt you even need the quotes. So you might end up with something like this:

='=match(Field,' & replace(replace(List,' ',','),'
',',')&')'

Anonymous
Not applicable

The below methode worked for me.

search string equals:

=replace('=(field=~a~)
OR (field=~b~)
OR (field=~c~)
OR (field=~d~)
OR (field=~e~)
OR (field=~f~)