Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III

QV12 pivot table based on month selection

Hi Experts,

I have a very complicated question. I am using QV12 and I have a pivot table in my document along with financial years and months.

My requirement is, when we click on financial year and a particular month(Dec in this case)- I want 2016/17 Jul-Dec data in YTD total.

How do I achieve that? The formulas using in achieving the results in both 2016-12 column and YTD Total are same. I think that's the problem but unable to find the solution.

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh Gadde

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you able to provide sample work file

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It would be a good idea to at least show the two expressions that you would like 'fixed'. That way, we are not all guessing.

Also do you have a master calendar with fiscal months and years?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

I don't have rights to attach qvw file. But i am elobarating the issue with dimensions and measures i used in this pivot table.

gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Hi Jonathan, @Anil babu samineni

the measures i am using in this pivot are,

ABFOOS:

Sum(If([ABF Hospital Flag] = '1' and [ABF Tier2 Flag] = '1' and [ABF Clinic Flag]='0' and NWAU_VERSION = [NWAU Version] and Match(FUNDING_GROUP_FOR_TARGETS_CODE, '01', '02', '03'), NAP_FINAL_NSW_TOTAL_OOS_COUNT))

ABFSE:

Sum(If([ABF Hospital Flag] = '1' and [ABF Tier2 Flag] = '1' and [ABF Clinic Flag]='0' and NWAU_VERSION = [NWAU Version] and Match(FUNDING_GROUP_FOR_TARGETS_CODE, '01', '02', '03'), NAP_FINAL_NAT_ABF_SERVICE_EVENT_COUNT))

Dimesnions are,

Top Level Facility Name, Second Level Facility Name, Reporting Financial Yera and Reporitng Period YYYY MM. The last two dimensions are dragged in to columns side to make it look like a cross table.

As I said earlier, the results of the pivot either in months columns or in YTD column are deriving from the same formula.

The fiscal/financial years and months are coming from master calendar and it is linked to data by a common filed.

gaddeonline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Jonathan Dienst,

I am still struggling to find the solution. Do you have any solution for this issue?

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh Gadde