Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Save Set Analysis expression with variable inside a variable

Hello,

I need to able to save the script for my Set Analysis into a variable during my Load that can be used in an Expression in a chart.  This works great except that it resolves the variable that is inside the Set Analysis and stores that value -- I need it to keep the text of the string. The variable gets set using actions when new values are selected from a multi-box object, so I need it to reflect that new value on the fly.

I have tried several combinations of SET and LET, single quotes and double quotes, and even tried concatenation of the $.  Does anyone have a solution to this dilemma?

Below is a sample of my Load script.  $(vMaxCounterRollingMonth) is the variable that it is resolving.

vMonthly = {$<[Period Counter Rolling Month]={$(vMaxCounterRollingMonth)},[Period Month]=,[Period Quarter]=,[Period Month Year]=,[Period Year]=>}

I am working in QlikView 12.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

LET vMonthly = '{<[Period Counter Rolling Month]={' & '$' & '(vMaxCounterRollingMonth)},[Period Month]=,[Period Quarter]=,[Period Year]=>}';

Will prevent the $-sign expansion from being done in the load script. vMonthly will have the literal text of:

{<[Period Counter Rolling Month]={$(vMaxCounterRollingMonth)},[Period Month]=,[Period Quarter]=,[Period Year]=>}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

LET vMonthly = '{<[Period Counter Rolling Month]={' & '$' & '(vMaxCounterRollingMonth)},[Period Month]=,[Period Quarter]=,[Period Year]=>}';

Will prevent the $-sign expansion from being done in the load script. vMonthly will have the literal text of:

{<[Period Counter Rolling Month]={$(vMaxCounterRollingMonth)},[Period Month]=,[Period Quarter]=,[Period Year]=>}

wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much! Works perfectly!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you please mark the answer as "Answered" and/or "Helpful" please to close the thread.

wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Done and done! Thanks again!