Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis Help

I have a basic question here , say for example in the below expression, There is no data for Region = South , for a certain filter value , what would be the output of this expression , when i select that filter value which does not have any data South Region it shows just a dash ,  which is fine but , i need to sum up this value with another expression , so even though that another expression has a value when i sum up with this expression i am getting dash , how do i avoid this ...?

sum({$<Region = {'South'},Year = {'2010'}>Sales}

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the rangesum function instead of the + operator: rangesum( sum({$<Region = {'South'},Year = {'2010'}>Sales), other_expression_here ). Or use the alt function:

alt(sum({$<Region = {'South'},Year = {'2010'}>Sales) , 0) + other_expression_here

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the rangesum function instead of the + operator: rangesum( sum({$<Region = {'South'},Year = {'2010'}>Sales), other_expression_here ). Or use the alt function:

alt(sum({$<Region = {'South'},Year = {'2010'}>Sales) , 0) + other_expression_here

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try with

Alt(sum({$<Region = {'South'},Year = {'2010'}>Sales) , 0)

hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.