Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saifuddin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis inside Aggr() function

Hi All, 

I need help with a query. I am trying to show avg of the mark for current and previous Trimester.  I am using set analysis inside an aggr() function.

=SUM(AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>} DISTINCT( POINTS/6*Score)), ID, Scode, START_DT))
/
SUM(AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}DISTINCT(POINTS/6)), ID, Scode, START_DT))

For the current selection, it works fine. 

the issue is with the previous Trimester. it doesn't show any data. 

=SUM(AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} DISTINCT( POINTS/6*Score)), ID, Scode, START_DT))
/
SUM(AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>}DISTINCT(POINTS/6)), ID, Scode, START_DT))

another requirement I have is to show avg of last five Trimester. 

I have attached the excel file and the QVW for more info 

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Saif 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

When using AGGR & Set Analysis, you should apply set analysis inside & outside Aggr. Otherwise outside Sum will work for Current selections, Sum inside the Aggr works for the Set analysis filtered data so the result will be Intersection of Selection & set analysis.

PFB the expression

=SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} DISTINCT( POINTS/6*Score)), ID, Scode, START_DT))
/
SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>}DISTINCT(POINTS/6)), ID, Scode, START_DT))

I will suggest you to correct Current Trimester expression as well

=SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>} DISTINCT( POINTS/6*Score)), ID, Scode, START_DT))
/
SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}DISTINCT(POINTS/6)), ID, Scode, START_DT))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

When using AGGR & Set Analysis, you should apply set analysis inside & outside Aggr. Otherwise outside Sum will work for Current selections, Sum inside the Aggr works for the Set analysis filtered data so the result will be Intersection of Selection & set analysis.

PFB the expression

=SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} DISTINCT( POINTS/6*Score)), ID, Scode, START_DT))
/
SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>} AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester01)'}>}DISTINCT(POINTS/6)), ID, Scode, START_DT))

I will suggest you to correct Current Trimester expression as well

=SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>} DISTINCT( POINTS/6*Score)), ID, Scode, START_DT))
/
SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}AGGR(SUM({<Trimester={'$(vTrimester)'}>}DISTINCT(POINTS/6)), ID, Scode, START_DT))

saifuddin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your help