Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet Event Trigger to Exclude Value

I'm trying to create an OnActivate Sheet Event Trigger to exclude values by default.

I can get the field to work to only INCLUDE the value, but I can't figure out how to switch it to only EXCLUDE the value.

Attribute: [car-make_model]

Value to filter excluding: 'Ford, F150'

I've tried going to Settings --> Sheet Properties --> Triggers --> Edit Actions --> Add --> Selection + Select In Field

Field

car-make_model

Search String (I've tried all the following with no success)

-='Ford, F150'

<>'Ford, F150'

= Not ( 'Ford, F150')

=Not 'Ford, F150'

!= 'Ford, F150'

I also tried looking at the option for "Select Excluded", but that only provides a field option and not a value.

Thank you for any guidance that is offered.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use two actions. First a Select in Field action to select the value you want to exclude, then a Select Excluded action to invert the selection so the value you selected first is now excluded.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use two actions. First a Select in Field action to select the value you want to exclude, then a Select Excluded action to invert the selection so the value you selected first is now excluded.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

'Select Excluded' might help you indeed but in combination with another action, so you need to create two:

1) One action to select 'Ford' and 'F150':

Search string:

(Ford|F150)

2) One action 'Select Excluded' with field [car-make model]

Not applicable
Author

And there it is.  Thank you!

t_witzgall
Partner - Contributor III

Hi gysbert,

is there a way to do this when making a pdf export?

I have the action implemented for one of my sheets. But I also have a pdf report for this. QlikView should show the same values in the pdf as on the AccessPoint but I cannot find a way to make a simmilar selection.

I know I could select all possible values instead but there may be new ones from time to time and I would have to maintain the report. If possible I would like to avoid this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tamara

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't know how the pdf export is created and how that is triggered. Can you start a new discussion for this question?

t_witzgall

thanks for the quick response

I started a new discussion: Exclude Value in PDF Export