Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is more time and memory eficient?

In a straight table I have one column that is dependable on other, is it better to use the whole expression, for exp A*(B+C) or instead use column, which is already B+C, so A*column(3)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

While I suspect it is better to refer to column(3), I don't know for sure. What should tell you for sure is sheet properties -> objects -> calc time. Try it both ways and see if there is any noticeable difference in calc time. For memory usage, I doubt there is any noticeable difference. You could check the size of the file and also the memory usage in task manager (processes -> mem usage -> Qv.exe). I'd bring up a fresh copy of QlikView each time. I'm not convinced there aren't memory leaks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

While I suspect it is better to refer to column(3), I don't know for sure. What should tell you for sure is sheet properties -> objects -> calc time. Try it both ways and see if there is any noticeable difference in calc time. For memory usage, I doubt there is any noticeable difference. You could check the size of the file and also the memory usage in task manager (processes -> mem usage -> Qv.exe). I'd bring up a fresh copy of QlikView each time. I'm not convinced there aren't memory leaks.