Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where do user-created bookmarks exist?

We have a client who likes to create bookmarks through the access point. Problem is, quite often his bookmarks get deleted and we can't figure out why. This is a source of very much discomfort for them and us.  I was thinking that maybe if we could at least back up the bookmarks, when they do get deleted, we can restore them from back-ups.

FWIW, we most often see bookmark issues whenever we change our model (add/remove a field) and the user tries to apply a bookmark that was saved before the change.  This I can understand, but not when bookmarks completely disappear.

Any info on backing up bookmarks would be helpful. 

Thanks

Steve

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Bookmarks are stored in the .shared file on the server.  Is the file getting deleted that they are losing their bookmarks?

Not applicable
Author

The .shared files are still there, but no Bookmarks are showing up in the BookMarks drop down list.

Nicole-Smith

The .shared file gets recreated when someone views the .qvw.  Are you sure it isn't being deleted at some point and then recreated when someone views the file again?

Not applicable
Author

There is a possibility that is happening. I'll try to confirm if this is so. Thank you for your responses.

-Steve