Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why is reload progress output different in desktop and QMC?

When I do a manual reaload in QV Desktop i get useful feedback like which tables is loadedl, number of lines and I also see my own TRACE lines from the load script..

But when I look in QlikView Management Console : status / tasks / log and look at the log of some reaload of a document in the list it i see completely different output. I get stuff like this:

(2013-06-26 11:45:11) Information: Reloading.

(2013-06-26 11:45:12) Information: Reloading..

(2013-06-26 11:45:13) Information: Reloading...

(2013-06-26 11:45:14) Information: Reloading....

(2013-06-26 11:45:15) Information: Reloading.....

I don't see which tables are being loaded and the count of lines and such that I see on manual reload in Desktop.

When a reaload fails that information would be very useful.

Am I missing something? Where can I see that output? Is it a logging level issue? Or am I looking in the wrong place.

I run QV v11, without publisher.

Thanks in advace

Andreas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's just the publisher log file you are seeing. To see the other (document) log, you'll need to enable that in document properties of your qvw first.

Then you should see that log next to your application (using default log settings) whenever your app is reloaded (manually / using publisher). Same log should also be written to your log folder, to a folder like

c:\Program Data\QlikTech\Distribution Service\1\Logs\<Date>\<Timestamp & Taskname>

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's just the publisher log file you are seeing. To see the other (document) log, you'll need to enable that in document properties of your qvw first.

Then you should see that log next to your application (using default log settings) whenever your app is reloaded (manually / using publisher). Same log should also be written to your log folder, to a folder like

c:\Program Data\QlikTech\Distribution Service\1\Logs\<Date>\<Timestamp & Taskname>

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thank you swuehi. That setting did indeed generate that file.

1. So it is not possible to wiew from inside of the management console?

2. The format of the output in the log file is not the same as in Desktop, it is much more noisy. I do get the same information but it also prints out all the load script lines. Not just the outpout. And the output of how many lines were loaded and so on is in another fomat.

i.e.

4 fields found: a,b,c,d, 194 lines fetched

compared to

"table name"  << "table name" 194 lines fetched

Is there a way to get the same output as in the desktop reload window. Or is this the way it simply is.

/Andreas

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1. Not that I am aware of. You can vote for this idea to maybe get this feature in an upcoming release.

2. Again, not that I am aware of. There is another idea you can vote for. Or look into the QlikView Components project, which has some additional logging features.