Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workorder

Hi,

In the QlikView Distribution Service folder i have seen WorkOrder xml file and again in the log file. What is the use and functionality of the Work Order file.

3 Replies
MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

When you create a Task using QlikView [Enterprise] Management Console, this is stored in the QlikView Publisher Repository (QVPR) that is managed by the Command Center. In v10 the QlikView Management Service and the Command Center are merged into one service, but the functionality is fundamentally unchanged.

Changes are pushed from the Command Center to each Publisher in the WorkOrder.xml. The Publisher Nodes actually operate disconnected from the Command Center, performing only the work identified in the WorkOrder.xml. You could shutdown the Management Service and Command Center, and Publisher will continue quite merrily.

If you inspect the WorkOrder.xml file you'll see each Task, and also any other configuration details that Publisher might need. For example, the MailServer connectivity details, Mail Templates, etc.

Sometimes the replication of tasks from the QVPR to the WorkOrder might fail. In this case there is a "Send WorkOrder" button in the Management Console that you can invoke to refresh the file manually.

Architecturally this behaviour is consistent whether you have a Publisher Licence or not. The same components do the work, but Publisher functionality is restricted to just Reload tasks when you don't have a Licence.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So in V10 SR2, it's normaly that the QVPR folder stop updating?

We are using the data from those xml files, and since it stops updating, we wont get the data we need.

In this case, any tips for me to proceed?

For example, i'm using the DistributionDetail.xml to get every publisher tasks.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Would anyone please answer Nick's query as I have similar problem going on in my environment.

And, if I click "send workorder" would it replace the old workorder.xml file, I mean is it recreated ? What impact does it have ?

Please qlikxperts help .

Thanks,

Abha