Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jreinagi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

difference between lines in graph

Hi!

Does anyone know if QV offers the option to show the difference beetwen two lines in a graph?

The idea is to display as lines the actual values of the field while, dinamically, the graph is showing the bars with the difference between both lines as well.

I couldn't find anything like this and I suspect it is not supported by the tool.

I'm posting a photoshopped layout of the expected result (dummy values of course). The first bar displays the difference between the revenue of both projects in 2019 (4 units) and so does the second one for 2020 (7 units).

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

see attached qvw

hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

see attached qvw

hope this helps

jreinagi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you Frank, but the problem I faced is doing that same graph that you posted (thanks again!) without having to hardcode the values of the projects, since the user will have to be able to select two of their choice.

Maybe merging your proposal with the use of getfieldselections() will do the trick.

I'll try and let you know if it worked.

Thanks!

jreinagi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

That's it!

I had to define two variables because the expresions didn't work directly on the graph.

I attach the qvw.

Thanks a lot Frank!