Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

document security

I have a report with a macro to export all the sheets to excel,  I've set the macro security to "Access to system" and now i want all the clients to have the fully granted access to system for that report.

I'm experiencing the following problem : Everytime i open the report on a certain machine, it loads the default value of "safe macros" without prompting anything and thus the export for that report fails. If i use the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + M and change it to "Allow any macro" it changes only for the current session of the browser, but the next time i open the report in a new browser instance it gets the previous (wrong) default value.

I can't figure out where that setting is stored and i can't find a way to set it always on the correct value of "Allow any macros".

my server version is 11

Thank you

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'll copy the answer I gave in your other thread in case someone searches for information:

Hi,

Yes, but it's a little bit tricky.

1. All the user registry entries have now been moved to Settings.ini under:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

(Note: This is for Windows Vista/7/etc.)

2. When you select the "Allow any Macro (only for trusted documents)" setting in the Module Security for Document dialog box, the user will write an entry into their Settings.ini file for future reference when accessing the same document again that looks like this:

[Module Checksums System]

A9482042-C9C84715-6AC72FD3-CC60CE86-7C39299B=

The Module Checksums System lists all the checksums for the applications where you have picked "Allow any Macro...".

3. The checksum is unique for each application, so after you've set this for one user, you can copy the checksum and paste it in the different users' Settings.ini files and QlikView will open up the application allowing macros without prompting the users.

Not applicable
Author

hi

The first time users open the report on a certain machine,

Are there any other methods?  to set it always on the correct value of "Allow any macros".

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you follow the instructions I wrote the users should not be prompted at all, but since the checksum for the document is set in the "Allow any macro" section, this would be set for the user already.