Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

hide values

How to hide the fileds in a list box without getting Spaces

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Maxro,

Its working fine am looking for this Answer only..

Thanks for you help

i have One more question is here ;  how to add any symbols like $#% for the entire Agent name filed ..

Appreciate if you can help to this question too.

Regards

Sonysree

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Could you elaborate a bit more your need?

sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Am attaching my QVW file here can you please check and give me the answer with screenshots why because i am using Personal edition i am unable to open if you can change and send it to me back..

Here in the sheet taken one list box with Agent name filed

If i can select Damon name in that listbox i want to display only that value reaming should be hidden !

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi sonygot,

in the case of listbox: you can use in properties: General, Field:<Expression> in Expression you can add your requirements.

to fine the better solution for your Problem, give more Information to your case/issue.

beck

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Your QVW file you sent already works the way you want. It hides the other field values when you select any value. What the error or output you are looking for can you send us a screen shot or explain little more please....?

sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

when you are click on Damon in that list box it should only display reaming should be hidden

Its my requirement..

When i enable hide excluded in General tab of properties of Listbox.It will work but spaces are coming

Colin-Albert

You need to review your data model as you have created 4 sets of data which are not linked to each other.

so a selection on Agent will have no affect on the Policy or Client data.

datamodel.JPG

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with an expression

=Aggr(Only([Agent Name]), [Agent Name])

1.png

Colin-Albert

This is how list boxes are designed to work. List boxes are filter lists that update the selected range of data displayed in your application. Turn off the "Hide Excluded" option and you will see the selections you have chosen highlighted in Green, White and Grey.

Green Is the Colour

Qlik Tips: Raise a flag to the Green, White and Gray

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

why not using a straight table with "Agent Name" as dimension and "1" as Expression, then on Presentation Tab you can hide the expression column and you have the required behaviour!

hope this helps