Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AC187
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview 12 fetching slow data from SQL server

Hi All,

recently we have migrated from Qlikview 11 to qlikview 12 latest version.

We have got our UK database and Qlikview servers in both UK and HK regions.

while we do OLED connection from qlikview 11.2 to UK databaser server the fetch speed is very high i.e almost 20 million records are fetched in 3-4 mins.

The same  OLEDB connection made via sql server native 11.0 client connection works with Qlikview 12 wherever we connect UK database server with UK qlikview server (20 million rows in 3 mins or less)

However wherever we try connecting UK database with that of HK qlikview server by OLEDB with sql server native 11.0 client connection, the data speed is too low where it takes almost 50-55 mins to fetch the data (20 million rows) . For this we have tried with all recommendations on the community related to setting up Packet size in Oledb connection string with various values 4096,8192,24576,65536 and many more .. however nothing has really benefited ,

can anyone suggest what more we can do to make this working  to get same speed what we have with UK database server and UK qlikview server??

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If UK <-> UK works fine but UK <-> HK is slower (it doesn't crash, just takes longer) my first thought would go to network.

If you run the same query from HK to UK, is the time any better? If you retrieve less values, does it work faster?

Once you have checked that you can think of reloading the QVDs in HK, and then transferring the entire QVDs to the UK or wherever the main server is hosted, so the reload is faster it both ways.

Talk to your DBAs to see if they experience the same with the native client (or even using Excel!) and see what their feedback is.

AC187
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply, in either of the cases thr fetch is slow.

At first instance i was under assumption that this may be due to network latency .

however post investigating further i found a solution for Oracle which used to take more time when connected by Qlikview to fetch data. - this was solved by adding configuration buffer size and setting that to 50000. The oracle issue is resolved and now the fetch speed is very fast as expected.

The only issue is with sql server where as advised i have checked changing the fetch size configuration to various values - this hasnt benefited me at all.

i am hoping there is something else other than this which will work for sql server as that worked for oracle which had same issue.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See related post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Connectors/Qlikview-fetching-slow-data-with-sql-server-OLEDB-...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.