Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are happy to share with you the new Entitlement Analyzer for Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS! This application will enable you to answer questions like: 

• How can I track the usage of my Tenant over time? How are my entitled users using the Tenant? 
  • How can I better understand the usage of Analyzer Capacity vs. Analyzer & Professional Entitlements? 

Entitlement Analyzer.png

The Entitlement Analyzer is only available for Qlik Cloud subscription types. Refer to the compatibility matrix within the Qlik Cloud Monitoring Apps repository for an overview of which monitoring app is compatible with which subscription type.

The Entitlement Analyzer app provides insights on: 

• Entitlement usage overview across the Tenant 
  • Analyzer Capacity – Detailed usage data and a predication if you have enough 
  • How users are using the system and if they have the right Entitlement assigned to them 
  • Which Apps are used the most by using the NEW "App consumption overview" sheet
  • And much more! 

Analyzer.JPG

The Entitlement Analyzer uses a new API Endpoint to fetch all the required data and will store the history in QVD files to enable even better Analytics over time. 

A few things to note: 

• This app is provided as-is and is not supported by Qlik Support. 
  • It is recommended to always use the latest app. 
  • Information is not collected by Qlik when using this app. 

The app as well as the configuration guide are available via GitHub, linked below. 

Any issues, questions, and enhancement requests should be opened on the Issues page within the app’s GitHub repository.

Be sure to subscribe to the Qlik Support Updates Blog by clicking the green Subscribe button to stay up to date with the latest Qlik Support announcements. Please give this post a like if you found it helpful! 

Kind regards, 

Qlik Platform Architects

Additional Resources:

Our other monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud can be found below.

133 Comments
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,
I have a recently (10th Nov) installed Entitlment Analyzer that stopped working a couple of weeks ago because of an Authentication required error (401).

Is there by chance a change of policy to access APIs or a setting that needs to be changed?

Never mind, the user that generated the api key didn't have the "Developer" role anymore so the key was deactivated.

andrewlup
Contributor
Contributor

I was previously using the Entitlement Analyzer app without issue. Over the last few days, the app is no longer retrieving 90 days of data, as expected. The app has been limited to just loading in the last few days (from Dec 1, 2022 thru today). In an effort to troubleshoot, I have deleted the previous Entitlement Analyzer app and qvd's outputted. I have re-downloaded, re-uploaded, reconfigured and ran both the "Legacy" and "Current" versions of the entitlement analyzer and the same issue occurs - only loads in the last few days. Is there anything else I can try?

kmn
Employee
Employee

@andrewlup The entitlement analyzer as all the SaaS monitoring apps, if set up correctly, store their data into .qvd files that should be located in the data files location. If you delete the consumption_overview.qvd then on the next reload the app will start from the 1st day of the current month. So check if you have deleted that file. If you have not then make sure that the app is pointing to that specific data files location where the file is stored.

chaas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Qlik team

We do have an issue with the Entitlement analyzer app. Since yesterday the analyzer capacity minutes numbers are not correct (see screenshots below).

We've installed the latest version from this site. How can we fix this? Was there a change in the API?

Thanks

Christoph

Screenshot from Entitlement analyzer:

qlik_analyzercapacity.png

Screenshot from Management Console:

user_allocation_information.png

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @chaas 

I would recommend posting about this in the Governance forum, including as much detail as you can. 

All the best,
Sonja 

chaas
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Daniel_Pilla Maybe you can help?

Best

Christoph

chaas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

Thanks. I've posted it in the Governance forum. Entitlement analyzer 

Best

Christoph

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @chaas 

I am pulling this back into this thread as I look for someone to review the issue for you. While I do, can you answer the following questions:

• Is your license applied on an on-premise install as well?
  • Is the count consistently shown wrong, or does it align?

All the best,
Sonja 

kmn
Employee
Employee

@chaas  from what I can see the issue should be related to your incremental QVDs and specifically the consumption one. That is where I would start debugging the problem. Try loading that outside the entitlement app - by itself to see what data it has.

chaas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey @Sonja_Bauernfeind @kmn 

Thanks for the recommendation. There were a lot of duplicates in the consumption table. So I fixed it by loading it distinct. 

chaas_0-1676983100859.png

Thanks for your help.

Christoph