• 00:00 - Intro
  • 00:57 - How to connect to on-premise data
  • 04:29 - Where to download Qlik Data Gateway
  • 06:01 - How to build a task chain with Application Automation
  • 09:00 - How to trigger an Automation with APIs
  • 11:40 - How to manage spaces & resources
  • 14:40 - How to manage Groups
  • 17:26 - How to troubleshoot user access
  • 19:20 - Q&A: Does an Alias affect data connection?
  • 19:51 - Q&A: Why manage resources in Qlik Cloud?
  • 21:10 - Q&A: How to change the font of all objects?
  • 21:50 - Q&A: How to use color to highlight KPIs?
  • 22:47 - Q&A: Where is Qlik Sense Desktop?
  • 23:36 - Q&A: Can you use extensions with Qlik Cloud?
  • 23:56 - Q&A: How to make all sheets public?
  • 24:22 - Q&A: How to copy apps to a Development space?
  • 25:20 - Q&A: What are the User Roles? New ones?
  • 26:21 - Q&A: How to hide the QVD files in a space?
  • 27:09 - Q&A: How to migrate bookmarks to Qlik Cloud?
  • 28:14 - Q&A: Can Data Gateway load flat files?
  • 28:52 - Q&A: How to version control in Qlik Cloud?
  • 29:46 - Q&A: Which Role can trigger a reload?
  • 30:21 - Q&A: How to connect Azure AD as IdP?
  • 30:47 - Q&A: What are monitoring apps for Qlik Cloud?
  • 31:21 - Q&A: How to load from Google Spreadsheets?

Resource:

Date Gateway Installation Guide

Space Aware Data Syntax documentation

Qlik Developer site

Version Control with Application Automation

How To: Configure Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS to use Azure AD as an IdP. Now with Groups!

The Qlik Sense Monitoring Applications for Cloud and On Premise

How to change the font in an app

How to work with Custom Themes

Q&A:

Q: Can we trigger tasks at the source of the data?

A: Yes, you can trigger both App Reloads and Application Automations via API requests that could be performed from the data source.

Q: How can we load from data in a DMZ?

A: Depends on if the Data is in the DMZ layer or behind it in an Internal LAN (with no internet). If you can get to the internet, whitelisting QCS or utilizing Data Gateway. No internet, likely need to be creative and utilize flat files and file transfer capabilities to get the data where Qlik Cloud can reach.

Q: I'm migrating from on-prem to the cloud, but I have large qvd (~30GB) that can't be uploaded to the cloud, how would you suggest to handle this and also how to work with large qvd's since the memory is limited?

A: I think our documentation doesn’t recommend going over 6gb for qvd sizes. Dedicated Capacity is a license addon offered to give more resources for larger applications. For the QVD themselves, you could begin splitting them into smaller qvds based on a relevant Dimension e.g. Product, Year, Region etc.

Q: "api/v1/diagnose-claims" where do you want us to run? In the end-user browser?

A: Yes, sorry if that wasn’t clear. After a user has logged into Qlik cloud, that endpoint can be added to the url in the end-user's browser to view the claims relevant to their user.

Q: What is the number of  users limitation for altering and notification?

A: The number of alerts that you own or subscribe to, is limited to 50. Disabled alerts also count towards the limit.

Q: What is backup solution with Qlik cloud? Does it take all the QVDs?

A: The platform itself has backups. 3rd party services can also be used to store backups of apps/qvds. E.g. Github for apps or S3 for qvds

Q: Is there a way to monitor app utilization in Qlik Cloud?

A: Currently, the Entitlement Analyzer app provides this functionality

Q: Having transformed data that shall be reused by several apps in several spaces. How do you set that up in the best way?

A: Hard to be specific in this scenario, you could centralize the QVDs/Data Connections in an ‘ETL’ space and utilize them in the other applications.

Q: How do you delete multiple files from a data-space, we found only one way, create an app, open editor, select space and delete files one by one …

A: This is likely the best option short of scripting something out via APIs. There is no delete all.

Q: Can you have automation in chain that run in parallel?

A: There is a template that demonstrates apps reloads in parallel and multiple automations can run simultaneously. There is a limit though and at a certain point will queue up

Q: Can I centrally turn off the notification that the users would get, when users (not group) added to a space?

A: Notifications per user can be managed at /settings/notifications

Q: I wasn't aware of the Space-aware data source thing, thanks for the tip. When using this, does it mean that you have to store your QVD loader app in the same space as the QVDs? (I think this would be a no-no in enterprise, but maybe less of a problem in cloud)

A: Yes, if a space is not specified, this syntax will utilize the connections/data files from the space the app resides in. There are roles that dictate if a user can utilize data files/connections in a space

Q: When looking at the claim, I see what I am passing, but how can I see what Qlik is accepting?

A: If you are using the /api/v1/diagnose-claims endpoint, you are seeing what Qlik Cloud is aware of

Q: What's the easiest way for Analyzer users to load an app with the click of a button? Will this be possible like it is for Professional users in the future, i.e. having a button that can directly carry out the "Reload data" command?

A: A user with Analyzer or Analyzer Capacity license cannot modify an app. This is by design and is not likely to change.

Q: If not using Groups, is there a way to clone a user.  Example: New employee needs same access rights as John Doe.   Also is there a way to see all apps that a user has access to. Thanks…

A: Not that I'm aware of. You can use something like /v1/spaces

Q: Are there best practices for data sources to be consumed by apps in different spaces. Should these shared data sources be bundled in a dedicated space?

A: There are permissions for every space that determine whether those Data Connections/Data Files are available to members, that is probably the most important consideration.

Q: Which world region is Qlik Cloud using? Can we relocate it closer to our cloud provider storage region?

A: Current regions are Americas, Europe, APAC, Singapore

Q: Is there any goods practices  to manage section access?

A: Here is a great Techspert Talks sessions addressing section access. It’s the same for Qlik Cloud as Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Techspert-Talks/STT-Troubleshooting-Section-Access-in-Qlik-Sense-Enter...

Techspert-Talks_Imagery_Community-590x310.jpg

Click to see video transcript

Labels (4)
0 Replies