cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introducing Suzy's Tip of the Week - October 2, 2019

I am starting a tip of the week post, called Suzy's Tip.  Today will be the very first one. These will be brief and meant for you to learn how to do something in the community you might not know or give you information specific to the community. I am open to suggestions for tips you want to know, so don't be shy, post a comment and let me know.  These are not Qlik software tips, so no product-related suggested tips. Here we go...

Tip: How to Change Your User Name

First, log into the Qlik Community. There are a couple of ways to navigate to your "Username".  Let's start by clicking the arrow located next to your name, which is to the right of your avatar, on the upper right side of your screen:

• Choose "My Profile"
  • Choose "Edit my Profile"

Or

• Choose "My Settings"
  • Click on the tab that reads "Username"

Then

• Change your user name that is displayed in the box
  • Click the green button that reads " change username" 

User_name_1.pngInstructions like this and many more can also be found in the Getting Started and How To's area of the Community Corner. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Getting-Started-and-How-To-s/tkb-p/qlik-community-help-documents.

If you did not know to update your username, I hope this helps. Check back for next week's tip. 

Sue Macaluso
Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager
Author

@Vegar  By default, your community username will match your QlikID username. However, you can change the username that is used in Qlik Community, without affecting your QlikID login credentials. In essence, all your posts will reflect your new username. Does this help?

Sue Macaluso

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm more courious about the links in the community. I see that the url generated by mention your user @Sue_Macaluso  is generating a link using  your ID 60553.  By this I assume all old linking will not be broken, but if you change your username tomorrow then the link in my post above will not change in any way, but the link will still be valid.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

How will a changed username affect old post that have mentioned a user by his/her old username? Will the mention link text remain as is or change. Will the link from that old post land at the users user page or will it land in an old obsolete page looking for the old username?

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager
Author

@Vegar  By default, your community username will match your QlikID username. However, you can change the username that is used in Qlik Community, without affecting your QlikID login credentials. In essence, all your posts will reflect your new username. Does this help?

Sue Macaluso
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm more courious about the links in the community. I see that the url generated by mention your user @Sue_Macaluso  is generating a link using  your ID 60553.  By this I assume all old linking will not be broken, but if you change your username tomorrow then the link in my post above will not change in any way, but the link will still be valid.

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager
Author

@Vegar Yes, you are correct. Thank you so much for your questions. 

Sue Macaluso