cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Quick Reply Issue - it forwards me to standard Reply

When pressing Quick Reply in the forum I first get the Quick Reply input box, but after a second or so I get forwarded to the more advanced Reply dialog. If I've managed to start typing text in the Quick Reply dialog it will get lost during the forwarding.

This behaviour is valid both when using a computer and when using a mobile device. Opera and Chrome.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

This is how it behaves:

faf5030d-08ec-4f35-9af6-b4470c6efd54.gif

Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vegar Thank you for letting us know.  We will look into this.  @Anonymous  can you look at this? Thanks!

Sue Macaluso
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reporting this @Vegar and @Sue_Macaluso . We're looking into it.

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Did you do something work the reply dialog today? @Anonymous ?

This evening I'm not able to access the body part of an reply when using a mobile device. This  limits  my ability for contributing to the community

I see only the header, not the body of my replyI see only the header, not the body of my reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vegar, thanks for reporting this. I am getting the same result as you on a mobile device, but can see the reply body on desktop view. We are looking into it.

Best,

Jeremy

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Yes, the body dialog is visible when using a computer.

However it is not possible to answer with a quick reply on a mobile nor a
computer. I get forwarded to the more advanced reply dialog on both devices.

- Vegar
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Any news on this issue @Anonymous ? 

The poor mobile device support is really affecting my engagement. I've found an workaround by checking the "computer adjusted web page" button in Chrome, but the big screen advance reply dialog is really buggy on a mobile device. Besides not being fit to to the mobile display it deletes text sometimes when I press enter and when I try to cut out text it doesn't get cut only copied.

Please prioritize the mobile device part of this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vegar,

We’re still working on it. Thanks for the additional details. Are you on an Android or Windows device?

On my iOS device in the Chrome app options I selected “Request Desktop Site” and that made the reply body field appear. Then I was able to draft this reply without issue.

B9CBC08C-E24C-436E-AEEE-F03BED4CC20D.png

AB0ED927-91C6-4297-B030-4B23C6205AEA.png

Can you let me know what you are seeing?

Thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Yes, I'm able to reply when I check “Request Desktop Site” in my Android
Chrome browser. But as I mentioned earlier, the reply dialog is far from
smooth when writing on my mobile.

-Vegar