"How to discover your data in a fast dynamic way?"
When starting a new project the first thing I want to do is get a feel for the data. Preferably in a fast and dynamic way. You can use the "Advanced Data Discovery module" to tackle this problem. The Advanced Data Discovery module consists out of 4 dynamic list boxes and a dynamic table which comes in handy when modeling a project, checking data quality, testing the interaction between fields or exploring your data.
Advanced Data Discovery sheet overview
Dynamic list box with field statistics
- Useful to check interaction between fields while creating your data model
- Dynamic Data Discovery
- Field statistics based on current selections or based on the complete set
- Fast data quality checks
- Dynamic list box
- A script reload is required
Note: AdvancedDataDiscovery.qvs is changed to qvm.qvs
Include the QvM.qvs script and the frontend objects and call the AdvancedDataDiscovery subroutine.
Explore your data using the dynamic objects.
More details in the example of QvM.
PS: Special thanks to the creator of the first dynamic list box from who I could not trace back the blog post I encountered 3 years ago.
You can download the QvM zip at the end of the QvM - Qlikview Modules post.
- Grouped variables under the QvM prefix
- Removed unwanted frontend modification after script reload
- Search on Field_Table combination
- Make AdvancedDataDiscovery working fields such that do not show up in the current selections box
Thanks for your feedback and comments.
Have fun Qlik'n, Koen