New Book published by Packt – “QlikView for Developers” in June 2017 authored by Miguel Ángel García and Barry Harmsen.
Whether you're new to QlikView or want to get up to speed with the features and functionality of QlikView, this book starts at a basic level and delves more deeply to demonstrate how to make QlikView work for you, and make it meet the needs of your organization. Using a real-world use-case to highlight the extensive impact of effective business analytics, this book might well be your silver bullet for success.
A hands-on guide to get you started by exploring the fundamentals of QlikView before learning how to successfully implement it, technically and strategically. You'll learn valuable tips, tricks, and insightful information on loading different types of data into QlikView, and how to model it effectively.
You will also learn how to write useful scripts for QlikView to handle potentially complex data transformations in a way that is simple and elegant. From ensuring consistency and clarity in your data models, to techniques for managing expressions using variables, this book makes sure that your QlikView projects are organized in a way that's most productive for you and key stakeholders.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand important changes made in QlikView 12
- Learn the techniques and best practices to transform data in QlikView via scripts
- Load data from disparate sources to build an associative Data Model
- Build robust data models and overcome common modeling challenges
- Designing data visualization objects to present performance measures with charts and tables
- Learn to use dimensions and expressions in QlikView objects
- Utilize QlikView's built-in aggregation functions to achieve complex calculations
- Create Point In Time reporting and achieving complex calculations using Set Analysis
- Create a consistent and interactive user interface
- Ensure your QlikView applications and data are protected
- Optimize the QlikView Data Model
- Constructing a data architecture that supports scalable QlikView deployments
- Learn time-saving techniques for making your QlikView development more efficient
Miguel Ángel García
Miguel Ángel García is a Business Intelligence consultant and Qlik Solutions Architect from Monterrey, Mexico. Having worked throughout many successful Qlik implementations, from inception through implementation, and performed across a wide variety of roles on each project, his experience and skills range from pre-sales to applications development and design, technical architecture, system administration, as well as functional analysis and overall project execution. He currently holds the QlikView Designer, QlikView Developer and QlikView System Administrator Certifications.
Barry Harmsen is a Business Intelligence Consultant based in the Netherlands. Here he runs Bitmetric, a boutique consulting firm specialized in the Qlik product suite. Originally from a background of traditional business intelligence, data warehousing, and performance management, in 2008 Barry made the shift to Qlik and a more user-centric form of Business Intelligence. Since then, he and his team have helped many clients get the most out of their investments in the Qlik platform.
Barry is one of the four Qlik experts teaching at the Masters Summit for Qlik, an advanced 3 day training for experienced Qlik professionals. He also runs the Amsterdam chapter of the Qlik Dev Group, an open and informal gathering where Qlik professionals can share knowledge and experiences.
For his contributions to the Qlik ecosystem, Barry has been accredited by Qlik as a Qlik Luminary since 2014.