expressor: QlikView Integration and the QlikView Connector

Hello QlikView Community.

I would like to share with you all a brief preview of expressor's new QlikView Connector as well as provide a demonstration of the current QlikView Integration that exists in expressor version 3.6.  You can get started today with the current QlikView integration by visiting our download page and downloading a 30 day trial copy of the expressor Design Studio.

Thank you for your time. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

See you at Qonnections!

Michael Tarallo
    Tech Evangelist

expressor

The QlikView Connector

qvcon.png

In a near future release expressor will be releasing its QlikView Connector which will enable expressor Dataflows to be exposed as virtual data sources to QlikView. View a sneak peek of the perfect balance between Data Integration and Business Discovery.

As we know by now, QlikView provides intuitive self-service BI for business users. It allows us to search, explore and create, making Business Discovery simple by focusing only on the most relative data for our analysis. Still, not all the data we need is always available in one place or is easily accessible. expressor provides data integration software that can simplify the process and allows us to build more flexible solutions that can adapt to change and can let us focus on the value of our data and not on the complexity of managing it.

That’s why expressor has expanded its existing QlikView integration to include the QlikView Connector. In addition to reading or writing QlikView files, expressor Dataflows can now be accessed directly from the QlikView designer. This unleashes expressor’s powerful data access, transform and delivery capability as a virtual Data source to QlikView. AND…Since all the essential data processing is handled by expressor, QlikView users can spend more time exploring solutions to business problems and less time organizing data.

QlikView Connector Promotion

Picture1.pngExisting QlikView Integration in version 3.6

The use case I prepared will focus on the value of expressor’s QlikView integration by demonstrating how you can leverage existing work that has already been created with QlikView. Using a previously prepared Salesforce .qvw template, that I downloaded from the QlikCommunity web site, I will use expressor to extract its field metadata and create a QlikView Schema. I will then create an expressor dataflow using Salesforce Read operators to pull records from the Cases, Account and Contact Salesforce objects. I will merge them together and finally enrich, cleanse and calculate new fields using the transform operator. I will write the final records to a QlikView file using the QlikView write operator. In order to do this properly, I will need to map the harvest QlikView fields to the downstream expressor metadata that will be obtained from the shared semantic type, created out of the final Transform operator. Now that we will have a properly constructed QVX data file, we can modify the load script of the existing QVW and feed the visualizations from it.

QlikView Integration Demonstration

Summary

• Extracted field metadata from an existing QlikView application to create a QlikView Schema
    • Created an expressor dataflow to read, merge and enrich incoming Salesforce data
    • Produced an expressor internal semantic type to be mapped to the QlikView Schema
    • Wrote out a new QlikView *.qvx file based off of that Schema that can then be used in a new or existing QlikView application