This QlikView Expressor sample workspace provides some examples of dataflows that support incremental loading of QlikView data. The following dataflows are included in the sample project:
- AdditionsOnly_Funnel: A dataflow that handles augmenting an historical data set with newly arriving data. This case is useful with append-only data whose records are never updated or deleted (e.g. machine generated data like web logs).
- AdditionsOnly_Append: A variation of AdditionsOnly_Funnel that uses the Write QlikView operator’s “append” property to append data to the end of a previously existing QlikView data file (QVD or QVX).
- AdditionsAndUpdates: A dataflow that handles merging new and changed records from a change record stream into an historical record set to bring the historical record set up-to-date.
- AdditionsUpdatesAndDeletes: An incremental load dataflow that handles additions, modifications and deletions of records.
- GenerateDataUsingFlow: A dataflow that generates a few years’ worth of data to test the dataflows above.
- Moving36MonthWindow: A dataflow that processes the handles a moving, 36-month data history window by dynamically selecting which historical files to read and merging in the new records from the current day and prior days of the current month.
- Generate36MonthInvoiceHistory: A dataflow that generates 36 months’ worth of data to test the Moving36MonthWindow dataflow.