cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

amMap & FusionMaps Integration

Hi All

I am currently evaluating these 2 GIS tools to be used as extension objects with  QV10  . I would appreciate  if any other developer has

had success with embedding either in a QV DOC . I like them both as their functionality allow color fill   to map regions based on

color value tied to external data. ( ie sales, population -  format  XML,CSV etc) .

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I've done some work wiht Fusion Charts Free and I'm sure that Maps can't be too different.

I've attached a my extension and QVW file. The bad news is that the extension is pretty basic (in terms of taking advantage of fusion charts full functionality). The good news is that the extension totals about 20 lines of code and is pretty well documented.

I'll be doing a full writeup/tutorial on this extension later and we'll add it to the QlikView SDK when it's all done.

Let me know if you have any issues getting it working or if you have any suggestions for improvements.

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I've done some work wiht Fusion Charts Free and I'm sure that Maps can't be too different.

I've attached a my extension and QVW file. The bad news is that the extension is pretty basic (in terms of taking advantage of fusion charts full functionality). The good news is that the extension totals about 20 lines of code and is pretty well documented.

I'll be doing a full writeup/tutorial on this extension later and we'll add it to the QlikView SDK when it's all done.

Let me know if you have any issues getting it working or if you have any suggestions for improvements.

Regards,

Dan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

I looked at your example.

I wonder how we can sort the Sales number in either asc/desc order. I even tried placing an "ORDER BY Sales desc" statement in the LOAD script but it didn't made and any difference in the sales order of the extension. It looks like the extension loads data using the Dimension used in alphabetical ascending order. Is there an attribute in either the definition or properties file that you can use to order data in extensions ? I am thinking that to achieve a desired order, one would have to programmatically do that in the script.js file.

Thanks,

Anthony

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

Thank you first of all for your code sample .Your example works great  for the 3d chart swf file  you've chosen . I did manage  to migrate most of your code to implementing a FusionMaps  version  and could get the map of USA  to come up correctly inside QV.  However thats where the code  similarities end  . I believe the js code for the internal xml generation needs  specific parameters written  to do color range fills  among other map features.  I will continue  work on it as a  background job when my workload permits . Meanwhile  back to your FusionChart  extension though I think it offers a very nice dynamic chart object  to QV 10   and I look forward to using it for my clients when you finally publish it in the SDK

Regards

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

I did finally successfully add a QV extension for FusionMaps , your example was most helpful. I do also agree also that  to exploit  the full functionality of either objects FusionCharts or FusionMaps there would be a a lot more js coding required. However for my particular app requirement ,( color fill US map states vs value) the additional coding wasn't too long but limited .

Thanks Again

Mike

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Can you please upload the .QVW file and .QAR with which you have implemented the FusionMap as an extension.

Thanks,

Haneesh