Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Video 5 - Creating a Shared Data Connection

This video walks you through:

• Creating a standard data connection within a QlikView application
  • Selecting columns from a few tables defined in that connection
  • Making that data connection available as a centralized, shared data connection
  • Referencing that shared connection using the $(vG.SharedConnStringPath) variable.
    One of many variables that are initialized with the QDF init script.

Previous Video: Video Link : 1154

Next Video: Video Link : 1170

NOTE: View in full screen for best results. It seems that video quality will vary due to your connection speed. This is being streamed from Jive (QlikCommunity) - if it turns out the video is difficult to view or if you are having buffering problems, please let us know.

This video can be see on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvg0gwRFi9w&feature=youtu.be

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
4 Replies
Not applicable

I tryed to follow the steps of the video, but using a ODBC connection, but I can't establish a connection when I reload the script. This tutorial doesn't work with ODBC connection?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Eduardo - can you provide some more information?

Most importantly - you need to have the QDF initialization script as your first tab in the Script editor.

This method is assuming you are using QDF - correct?

Mike Tarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Yes, I'm using QDF and the initialization script is my first tab

I'm trying to make it work, and I think that the "$(Include..." is not working. I tryied to use directly the path insted the variable and it doesn't work too.

I have already debugged and nothing happens in the include code part.

This is the code that I have used.

$(Include=C:\QV-Docs\SourceDocs\1.Production\99.Shared_Folders\3.Include\3.ConnString\MyConnection.txt);

//$(Include=$(vG.SharedConnStringPath)\MyConnection.conn);

//ODBC CONNECT TO Treinamento (XUserId is CIfbNYdNTDdOGZVMTbUA, XPassword is fBXbeUZNRLdKWZROJTeA);

The first is with the direct path, the second is using the variable and the third is the code that is in the file inside the ConnString

Not applicable

Hi, I already solved the problem. It was the way that I was writing the path to the file.

Tanks for the attention