Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveen341
Creator
Creator

Area maps with continent and countries

HI bpsamzmtobqg

Can you please help me how to develop an area map with continents and countries drill down.

I tried to use idevio are maps.but continent are not been recognised can you please help in this.

5 Replies
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Naveen,

Here you have a qvd with polygons for continents and the countryxcontinent file to link countries to continent.

This has been done using the Dissolve operation, where you can create new polygons out of existing ones.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

naveen341
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Ana,

Can you please share the link where is the QVD with polygons and countryxcontinent file is located?

Regards,

Naveen.

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hi Naveen,

You don't need any link, I attached the files in my previous reply so you can download them directly and use them in your apps.

Best Regards,

Ana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ana,

How you made the continent's polygon qvd?

Thanks,

Jahanzaib

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Jahanzaib,

Check this region to country mapping in Idevio Maps‌ thread, where I posted the app that creates the continents polygons.

It uses the operation Dissolve, that creates the polygons based on the Countries polygons existing in the Location Server, the only thing you need as a source is the file that defines the countries that belong in a continent.

Best Regards,

Ana