Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

GeoAnalytics (Idevio) Map Extensions not working in SaaS

My understanding is that the legacy Map Extensions (bubble, line, area, etc) are available in SaaS for uploaded apps, but not new objects.

2024-04-12_10-23-09.png

I have uploaded a .qvf that references some of these extensions (from a licensed on prem application), but get this error:

2024-04-12_10-45-56.png

How do I resolve this? (Using Feb 2024-5.38.2 extensions)

Thanks,

Martin

Labels (2)
1 Reply
KallePersson
Employee
Employee

Hi @martyginqo ,

Could you share which Help page has this text?
We did have that for a while, but it no longer works like that. So we will need to have someone update that page.

Regarding how to get the extensions to work in QCS

So the reason for the "Invalid key" error is that by default the map extension does not have a license key filled in.

How to add a license key to the ZIP files and upload them to QCS:

1. Download and unzip the GeoAnalytics extensions, you can use the version of the ZIP file for Qlik Sense Server.
  2. Enter the resulting folder and now unzip the "ideviomap[...]..zip" (e.g. ideviomapExtension-February_2024-5.38.2) file.
  3. Delete the "ideviomap[...]..zip" file (you will replace it a few steps down)
  4. Enter that folder, then edit the file license.js, paste your license between the single quotes (see attached screenshot), then save the file.
  5. Re-zip the "ideviomap" folder.
  6. In the QCS console, upload the edited ideviomap ZIP file and the ZIP files for the other layers.
    1. You can start with only the ideviomap ZIP file so you can test that it works before uploading the other files.

Regards,
Kalle