Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjamesking
Creator
Creator

Continuous Classroom: Any good?

Hi,

I've been using QlikView for many years and more recently using Qlik Sense. I'm considering refreshing my training to learn about new areas of the product and making sure I'm not missing out on useful features by doing things the same old way...

I've also got a colleague working with me who is new to Qlik... so I'm looking at training options.

I like the idea of the continuous classroom. Is it any good? It's not cheap, so I would expect it to be very comprehensive.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used the modules.

Thanks in advance

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Caroline_Sheldon
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Matt,

My name is Caroline and I am the product manager for the Qlik Continuous Classroom. Thank you to Kaushik for a great review! I encourage other users to share their experiences using the learning platform.

I thought I could provide you with a little more detail for your evaluation:

• You can view a full list of courses you would have access to if you purchased
  • Some courses within those lists are free and represent exactly the experience you would get for a course if purchasing the full subscription.
  • Here is a full list of all 24 FREE courses. Again, these are actual courses you would get in the full subscription, so represent the course experience.
  • View our course calendar to see how often we update courses to the latest version, and release new courses.
  • Log in with your Qlik Account in the top right corner to view what the dashboard layout would be when you purchase a subscription. This dashboard layout is just one of the many ways to access the same course content. (Other ways include the Course Libraries or the Learning Plans).

Don't hesitate to post further questions or reach out to Education@qlik.com with any further questions.

-Caroline Sheldon

Product Manager, Education

Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is truly good. It contains video's, documents and also tests.

I loved it, you must try it.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Caroline_Sheldon
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Matt,

My name is Caroline and I am the product manager for the Qlik Continuous Classroom. Thank you to Kaushik for a great review! I encourage other users to share their experiences using the learning platform.

I thought I could provide you with a little more detail for your evaluation:

• You can view a full list of courses you would have access to if you purchased
  • Some courses within those lists are free and represent exactly the experience you would get for a course if purchasing the full subscription.
  • Here is a full list of all 24 FREE courses. Again, these are actual courses you would get in the full subscription, so represent the course experience.
  • View our course calendar to see how often we update courses to the latest version, and release new courses.
  • Log in with your Qlik Account in the top right corner to view what the dashboard layout would be when you purchase a subscription. This dashboard layout is just one of the many ways to access the same course content. (Other ways include the Course Libraries or the Learning Plans).

Don't hesitate to post further questions or reach out to Education@qlik.com with any further questions.

-Caroline Sheldon

Product Manager, Education

Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had it for a few months now, and like it overall. The videos are useful, and the summaries are helpful for later review. In my opinion it's much better than classroom training, which is item specific. Instead of learning about a lot of things I don't yet need, I can jump in and do some modules when I have time, or when I need to upgrade my knowledge (like recently when my company added in the geo-analytics module).

The basic modules are quite good too - I figured most of it out on my own, but as in all programs, developed some less optimal solutions. The basic modules have given me some good lessons in best practice approaches.

I think the questions in the modules could be improved though. They are very technical and ambiguous, and more about how to find or apply specific sub-options than high level takeaways. Personally, I don't really care how to find some option I may never need; it's more useful to know when to choose a specific chart type, the limitations Qlik places on your analysis  (e.g. not filtering by measures), and dealing with common issues (e.g. state codes matching to countries in maps). The questions seem to test memorisation of the module more than understanding of the options and issues, which I dislike.

I'm hoping to do the certifications once I have finished continuous classroom modules, but I am concerned that the questions will be similarly technical and ambiguous. We shall see I suppose!

sunnybadalia
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get certificate on completing business user course??