Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I authenticate users via AD but then authorise qvw document access by user groups that I specify in Qlikview?

I am bringing all users into qlikview using AD authentication - but I don't want all users to see all documents.

I want to create a  lookup table (a spreadsheet for example) where I can say that anyone in the Customer Group can see Customer QVW's and anyone in the Product Group can see Product QVW's only.

In AD

user id  name     AD Group

1234    Bob        AllOrg

2468    Jane       AllOrg

2389    David      AllOrg

2468    Ann       AllOrg

In Excel

user id name access group

1234      Bob        Customer

2468     Jane       Customer

2389      David     Product

2468      Ann        Product

What I have tried:

I setup an ODBC Connection to a spreadsheet 'Qlikview'

and built it like this:

Workbook: Qlikview.xls

Worksheet1: entity$

entityid name descr email
1234 Bob Bob bob@email
2468 Jane Jane Jane@email
2489 David David David@email
2468 Ann Ann Ann@email

Worksheet2: groups$

id memberid groupid
1      1      0
2      2      0
3      3      1

4      4      1

I'm not sure where to go now to map the AD user to the spreadsheet user and subsequently make the groupings apply to QVW documents.

I looked at Documents > User Documents > Customer.qvw > Authorization but when I select users from the ODBC directory they don't get access to the customer.qvw in Access Point, however if I add the same person from the AD directory the user does see the QVW.I am using browser authentication.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kylie

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you define the groups in the Qlikview document then your Qlikview document must also contain the AD users. In which case you don't need the groups. You can use Section Access to include your AD users and enable the option Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access on the Server tab of the Document Properties window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand