Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide a qlikview object

Hello,

I need to hide a few QlikView objects from the application until we have worked out a few kinks. I dont want to conditionally show the objects I literally just want to hide them the entire time. Is this possible?

5 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

HI Lindsay,

If you set the show/hide condition to something that is alway false (e.g. 1=0) the the object will always remain hidden.  To unhide it then you will need to go to the document properties and unhide the object.

Note you may find it easier to put theses objects on one sheet and then just hide the sheet so you can more easily hide/unhide as needed.

-Josh

Qlik

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think Josh meant set the condition to something that is false eg 0.

-Rob

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Thanks for catching that Rob. I've corrected my original post.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I would still work with a conditional show.

If you do not want to add a conditional show to all the objects you are making, use a sheet, add all the objects to that sheet and hide that. Edit: I now see that's what Josh also wrote... my bad.

Alternatively, work with a development environment and a production environment or (if you don't have that) make a copy of the document and only show the document without those objects to your end-users.

May you live in interesting times!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have a couple of sheets that I want to see in Development but not Production (the server). One of those sheets I name "Parking" which is where I put objects not ready for Prod.

I use this conditional show expression on my "Development only" sheets:

=index(DocumentPath(),'\')>0

That will return True when the document is opened from the file system, False when opened from Access Point. Therefore automatically hidden in Production but available in Dev.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com