Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Iframes not working on internet explorer

Hi everyone.

I am trying to load a document within an Iframe in internet explorer and it gives me this error:

ie error.PNG

The only solution I have found is to add the QV server to the trusted sites on IE options. This is NOT an acceptable solution because we cannot make all of the website users do this (they are clients and we have no power to make them do this)

Please advice. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jenn,

I did found an answer, have you ever heard about P3P? It is basically a securtiy measure that only IE uses these days and that conflicts directly with implementing Iframes that have sources from two different servers (ex. your website and qlikview).

So, to fix this you need to go to the web.config of your QvAjaxZfc project and implement something like this:

<Configuration>

<System.webServer>

<HttpProtocol>

<CustomHeaders>

<add name="P3P" value='CP="This is a mock P3P policy."' />

</CustomHeaders>

</HttpProtocol>

</System.webServer>

</Configuration>

Pages like Google and Facebook use these kind of mock P3P policies to be able to display Iframes and other things without problems. One thing, you should probably link to a page that has more info about why you don't have those policies implemented and your privacy policies.

More info on P3P: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/ms537341(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
thomasjenn
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Did you found any solution ?

Else, if someone has any idea ...

Thank you,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jenn,

I did found an answer, have you ever heard about P3P? It is basically a securtiy measure that only IE uses these days and that conflicts directly with implementing Iframes that have sources from two different servers (ex. your website and qlikview).

So, to fix this you need to go to the web.config of your QvAjaxZfc project and implement something like this:

<Configuration>

<System.webServer>

<HttpProtocol>

<CustomHeaders>

<add name="P3P" value='CP="This is a mock P3P policy."' />

</CustomHeaders>

</HttpProtocol>

</System.webServer>

</Configuration>

Pages like Google and Facebook use these kind of mock P3P policies to be able to display Iframes and other things without problems. One thing, you should probably link to a page that has more info about why you don't have those policies implemented and your privacy policies.

More info on P3P: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/ms537341(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope this helps.

thomasjenn

The website containing the Iframe is in an other domain than the qlikview server.

If the two domain are the same, we haven't this error.

Not applicable
Author

This Iframe is used in Qlikview also? Beacuse i didnt see any IFrame object in Qlikview..

tanvi_madan1

How to bring iframe and qlikview server in same domain ?? what are the setting needed?