Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question regarding removing a column in a pivot table.

I'm fairy new to Qlikview, but was wondering if anyone can help me with how to remove the "header column" from a pivot.  That probably doesn't make sense so attached is the screen shot of the app.  I want the column that says "Qtr-Year" removed - I know how to remove the actual label but I want to hide the column that displays the label.  Thanks, Kris

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

A simple solution is to go to Chart Properties|Dimensions and change the Label on the "Qtr-Year" dimension to a blank.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Terry, but I need the whole column to be removed, not just the label.  I'm hearing from others it can not be done in pivots, but in straight tables.

Not applicable
Author

In the attached image it looks like you are pivoting QtrYear to the top horizontal dimension.  You can't pivot (or nest) dimensions in a straight table.  Can you include an image of what you'd ideally like the chart to look like?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I want the qtr-year dimension horizontal on the top, but I don't want that column that displays the label "qtr-year" - I was hoping I could hide the whole label column.  If I can't do that then I'm trying to put background color in a blank cell in the "qtr-year" column.  For Example - in the row that says "Contribution Margin Amt" I want the blank cell in the "qtr-year" to be blue, so the blue color goes all the way across.  I tried building a formula but didn't get it right.  If I can export the report to excel, maybe I can show you what I'm talking about. Thanks,

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

I assume you might have already tried that, but can't you just leave the label blank, as Terry suggested, and minimise the column width in the same time?

That will give the impression that there is no such a column in your table!

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I tried that, but the column doesn't totally disappear - It won't let me shrink it down enough.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Kris

After doing some research, I found out that hiding this column from a pivot table is not possible.

There were similar discussions in the forum, and one of them is below

Pivot table

However, I still thing that if you combine all the above (blank label, minimized width and remove the border cell for the specific column) you can give the impression that the column is not there. 🙂

Apologies if this is not exactly what you expected.

If the above answer is what you're looking fore, please mark it as correct to close the discussion.

Regards

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis,

Thanks for the info.  Since I can't remove that column, now I'm trying to add lines (single or double lines) under rows into the pivot - in the image below it would be in the row "controllable margin Percent" - 46.61% and 45.72%.  Enrique shows me how to add the double lines if you use the sum totals in your data, but we actually don't need the total rows because we calculated the amounts and percents differently.  Since all those items (rows) are in the same field, I'm not sure it's possible.  I was hoping there would be a formula I could use, but haven't found it yet.line in pivot5.JPG