cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Deleting User from NPrinting

I have an issue . I am trying to delete a user from NPrinting portal but getting a message "an error occurred while deleting the selected item".  Please see the attached screen shot of the issue.

Deleted that user from Tasks and Groups also. 

What am I missing here .?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Note: The assumption below is that you are:

• a member of the NPrinting Administrators role or
  • are part of an NP role which gives you permission to delete an NPrinting user.

Check if there are any user filters associated with the user that you are trying to delete. If yes, remove the user filter. Also remove any other properties associated with the user including NP group associations (which I believe you already have done) etc.

Also check if the email address associated with the user in question is used as:

• a 'cc' or 'bcc' field in the email message of your publish tasks 
  • used as the "Default sender email" under Admin>Settings>Email
  • Change and or remove the user's email address from these fields.

Finally, please check to ensure that you have not restored a version of NPrinting database that does not match your current NPrinting server installation.  An invalid database version may be the cause of this problem as well.

See the following article for the 'how-to' identify an invalid NP database: 

If these checks above do not resolve the issue, I would highly recommend that you start a Qlik Support case with your Qlik Support Partner or the Qlik Support desk as soon as possible so we can investigate more closely.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Note: The assumption below is that you are:

• a member of the NPrinting Administrators role or
  • are part of an NP role which gives you permission to delete an NPrinting user.

Check if there are any user filters associated with the user that you are trying to delete. If yes, remove the user filter. Also remove any other properties associated with the user including NP group associations (which I believe you already have done) etc.

Also check if the email address associated with the user in question is used as:

• a 'cc' or 'bcc' field in the email message of your publish tasks 
  • used as the "Default sender email" under Admin>Settings>Email
  • Change and or remove the user's email address from these fields.

Finally, please check to ensure that you have not restored a version of NPrinting database that does not match your current NPrinting server installation.  An invalid database version may be the cause of this problem as well.

See the following article for the 'how-to' identify an invalid NP database: 

If these checks above do not resolve the issue, I would highly recommend that you start a Qlik Support case with your Qlik Support Partner or the Qlik Support desk as soon as possible so we can investigate more closely.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To delete a user you need to login with a user that has the Admin role or at least one security role with the right to delete user. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.