Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting Filtering Grouped Dimensions

Hello everyone. Your help here would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to filter out Grouped dimensions in a graph. These little guys

Right now it will only show whatever the group is defaulted dimension is.

From my Searching I cant find anything that is eye popping on how to do this. I did find something about being able to import bookmarks into NPrinting which might solve my problem but this was for an older version of NPrinting I am on the September 18 release.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8407

If anyone has any ideas or if they know how to import bookmarks into the newest version of NPrinting that would be great.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi

QlikView cyclic group are supported. Referto How to use QlikView Cyclic Group in Qlik NPrinting 17+ Templates

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Tanner,

If your aim is to toggle cyclic group to show different dimension from it using NPrinitng then you will not be able to achieve this. Instead you need to create dedicated object with dimension you want to use as a filed (not as a group!)

Bookmark filters are not currently supported in NPrinting 17 and higher

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi

QlikView cyclic group are supported. Referto How to use QlikView Cyclic Group in Qlik NPrinting 17+ Templates

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Great link thank you. The only problem that I see is that it is only an option for Tables. If I am trying to import a Graph as an image I don't have the option to select the cyclic group. Do you know if there is anyway to select it when a graph image is what you are importing as a entity rather than a Table? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tanner

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Apologies -  I should have read https://help.qlik.com more often. Indeed functionality was mentioned already in June release : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Enabling-QlikView-cycle-gr...

On the other hand i have not seen this in any release notes - looks like this feature slipped through as a silent feature upgrade!

Thanks Ruggero for pointing me in right direction and as always great advice.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Correct, it was added recently 🙂

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are right, this is not supported for Images.

You could use the tables with cyclic groups as data sources for native Excel charts. I just added a couple of sreen shots about this in the linked article.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for all the help. Do you know if this can be done in Pixel Perfect as well?

Regards,

Tanner

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In PixelPerfect you cannot select the field you want to use in a cyclic group.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero